Thursday, June 10, 2010

Greetings

As the OA which many of us have been preparing for is approaching, I cannot help but experience rich mixed emotions and feelings; enthusiasm, determination, eagerness, yet all accompanied with anxiety and tormenting self pressure to remain up to my responsibilities as a delegate.

Foremost, I would like to thank the Alberta/Mackenzie-Fort Smith team one more time as they put their trust in me to be in this position and for their much appreciated help in my preparation the upcoming OA.

Je ne peux que m’impatienter à l’idée de rencontrer tous les participants qui prendront part à l’Assemblée d’Orientation. Je suis convaincue que l’on apportera tous des perspectives et des idées variées qui dans l’ensemble ne feront qu’éblouir tout le processus ainsi que le travail que Paix et Développement entretient ici au Canada et dans le monde entier.

Although I anticipate heated debates, I feel that this is a necessary process in a democratic organization such as Development and Peace and I am confident that all will be settled in a democratic and fair manner as well. Much will have to be decided upon but let’s all remember that the direction we aim to take is one of justice, love and peace for the whole of humanity. Whatever it takes, whatever needs to be sacrificed, let’s make the right choices.

Blessings!

Divine

1 comment:

  1. I think the words of the Oscar Romero prayer are appropriate at this time: "It helps, now and then, to step back and take a long view. The kingdom is not only beyond our efforts, it is even beyond our vision.We accomplish in our lifetime only a tiny fraction of the magnificent enterprise that is God’s work...." I will keep you in my prayers as you strive to do your best as a delegate.

    ReplyDelete