Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lys-Divine Ndemeye

My name is Lys-Divine Ndemeye and I am originally from Burundi. When I was 10, I moved to Niger and 6 years later, in 2006, I came to Edmonton for school. I am now in my second year at the University of Alberta, majoring in Political Science.

I first heard of Development and Peace in one of my Political Science classes through which there was a Community Service Learning (CSL) component. I was the only student who decided to live the CSL experience with Development and Peace. It had a huge impact on me and I lived a great experience; taking part in a Fall Campaign Workshop and working on a Youth Project with Julio Garcia. I then decided to continue volunteering and take a more active role in the movement. I highly value and respect the work that Development and Peace does and most especially its approach of partnership.

I have been actively involved in our Edmonton Diocese and I have been privileged to be accepted as one of the Executive Council Members as the Chair of Education. At this year’s Regional meeting, I have been blessed one more time with another significant position; Delegate for Alberta to the Alternative Orientation Assembly.

I look forward to meeting all the other delegates and I would like to wish all the best to those still preparing for their Regional meetings.

Divine

5 comments:

  1. Marie-Claude PoirierApril 15, 2010 at 12:15 AM

    This is Alberta/Mackenzie-Fort Smith's Special Delegate to the Orientation Assembly. Congratulations on the nomination, Divine! We're behind you all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour Divine. On a hâte de vous rencontrer à l'Assemblée d'orientation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to meeting you in Montreal Divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. micheline st-arneaultApril 19, 2010 at 8:49 AM

    BRAVO! Votre apport enrichira la rencontre!

    Micheline St-Arneault
    Diocèse de Nicolet (Québec)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joan O'Connell; Ottawa DCApril 21, 2010 at 9:22 PM

    I'm impressed that you heard about D&P at school, and even more that you decided to choose us for your learning component. Welcome to the D&P family. We are already richer for your involvement. Good luck in Montreal. Perhaps you'd consider a side-trip to Ottawa while you're out this way?

    ReplyDelete