Monday, April 26, 2010

Hélène Tremblay-Boyko - AOA delegate for Sask. Keewatin-Le Pas

Greetings to all Development & Peace members in Saskatchewan-Keewatin-LePas! My name is Hélène Tremblay-Boyko and I am delighted to have been selected to represent you at our upcoming Orientation Assembly in Montreal. I have been involved with Development & Peace since I was a young girl, following my mother in her parish activities. As a new teacher, I found much to contribute to my classes at a Development & Peace gathering in Montreal in 1977-78. I was re-introduced to the organization some 15 years ago and have been active at the parish, deanery and diocesan levels. By far, the most moving experience was an exposure tour to El Salvador that I participated in along with my husband. Our visit with partners there was such an eye opener, particularly the farming community organizations. My work with Development & Peace has always been enriching and empowering, as I continually discover new things about myself and my ability to advocate for others. I look forward to meeting with many of you at our upcoming regional meeting in Saskatoon.

2 comments:

  1. Hope to see you in Montréal. Au plaisir de vous rencontrer à Montréal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superbe photo! We're looking forward to meeting you in person.

    Josianne Gauthier

    ReplyDelete